How Can We Show Our Wedding Is Real?
Showing adequate evidence of a “bona fide” wedding in your spousal visa application as well as your card that is green meeting
When you’re trying to get a wedding card that is green perhaps one of the most essential actions for the procedure would be to show in addition to that you’re married but in addition that your particular wedding is “bona fide.” waplog A bona fide wedding implies that both you and your spouse plan to build the next together and failed to get hitched limited to immigration purposes — in this instance, to acquire a green card.
To achieve this, you have to first offer a married relationship certification together with your card that is green application. But that alone won’t be sufficient to ascertain your wedding is authentic. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration solutions (USCIS) understands exactly how simple its getting hitched being a transaction that is legal. That’s why they appear for any other proof that the few is preparing a life together whenever assessing marriage-based card that is green.
There’s two opportunities that are primary show your wedding is authentic:
For a set price of $950, Boundless makes it possible to finish your marriage-based green card (spousal visa) application — including all required kinds and supporting papers, and attorney review that is independent. Find out more, or begin now.
Maybe perhaps Not certain that you be eligible for a marriage-based green card? Start with checking your eligibility.
Providing Papers together with your Application
While you prepare your I-130 petition package, it is crucial to paint a photo of one’s relationship with time. For instance, supplying five pictures over 5 years is more powerful proof of a traditional wedding than 10 pictures of you together from simply the month that is past.
Lack of proof of a bona fide marriage is certainly one significant good reason why I-130 petitions have denied by USCIS. Listed here papers to incorporate in your I-130 petition package will allow you to make a powerful situation of the marriage that is genuine. You won’t need to add every document that is single in each category below, but USCIS typically would like to see papers that fall under as much of these groups as you are able to. (If some of those papers aren’t available, see situations that are“Special below.)
Proof that you combined your money
Financial papers showing you have a bona fide marriage that you and your spouse have combined both your assets and liabilities are an excellent way to establish.
Types of such papers include copies of:
- Joint banking account statements showing the true names of both partners
- Titles or deeds for jointly owned home (real-estate or automobiles)
- Home loan or loan documents showing joint obligation for re payments
- Joint bank card statements showing the title of each and every partner as either account owner or authorized user
- Joint automobile, wellness, and/or house insurance plans coverage that is showing both partners beneath the exact same plan or policy
- Life insurance coverage policies listing one another as your main beneficiary
Proof that your home is together
USCIS expects maried people to call home together. See below for what a few can perform when they try not to live together.
For lots more typical instances, types of papers that will help show cohabitation (residing together) consist of:
Copies regarding the after, showing both partners’ names:
- Joint mortgage or lease documents (be sure to consist of a duplicate of this mortgage that is entire rent)
- Energy or other bills showing both partners’ names
- Home deed
Copies associated with the following, showing the address that is same both partners:
- Driver’s licenses
- Home deed
- Insurance statements
- Joint bank statements
Original copies regarding the after, showing the address that is same both partners:
- Letters from family unit members, friends, and/or employers
Let’s say the few will not live together?
Residing aside will generally raise flags that are red. When you yourself haven’t lived together with your partner because you had been hitched, it is important to add a powerful description as to the reasons you’ve had to live apart. Partners that do perhaps perhaps maybe not live together should give a page, finalized by both partners, describing why they reside aside (for instance, work or school), the date they want to relocate together, together with location where they plan on going to (if available). The page should always be made down to “USCIS” or “To who It May Concern.”
The living arrangement itself should not prevent them from obtaining a green card if the couple honestly and thoroughly explains their unusual living situation and provides alternative evidence of a genuine marriage.
Proof that you’ve got young ones together
Proof that you’re together increasing kiddies — from either your present or previous marriage(s) — is amongst the strongest bits of proof.
Types of such papers include:
- Your children’s delivery certificates (detailing one of the partners’ names if from the marriage that is previous
- Adoption certificates
- Class or records that are medical the stepparent as a crisis contact when it comes to stepchildren
Initial copies of:
- A page from the medical provider attesting to a present maternity or fertility remedies
- Family pictures from holidays or other occasions showing you both together with your children and/or stepchildren
A marriage is mostly about more than simply money and children. USCIS wants evidence you as well as your partner have actually a proper relationship — which you communicate and practice tasks together.
Samples of such proof include:
- Travel itineraries for getaways you took together, particularly into the home nation of this partner looking for a green card
- Phone or chat documents showing which you talk frequently